It is difficult to quit smoking because the addiction is very strong and the urge to take a puff makes you have more than the required cigarettes. Every smoker knows the side effects of smoking and even after taking strict measures, it is difficult for them to quit smoking. Few get addicted to betel leaves or nuts just to avoid grabbing a smoke. Well, there are healthy alternatives too which can help overcome the bad habit of smoking. Here are 5 healthy alternatives or substitutes for smoking. Take a look.Published Date: 2011-12-13 04:02:22 GMT
8 healthy alternatives to quit smoking:
1. Smokeless cigarettes are one of the common substitutes for smokers who want to quit smoking. The smokeless cigarettes are made of plastic and doesn't contain tobacco or nicotine. It has flavours such as mint and menthol to control cravings for a cigarette and also satisfies mentally.
2. Chewing gums are another alternative for smoking. Excessive chewing can be harmful for the health so just chew a sugarless mint gum when the self control is at risk.
3. Chewing sugarless gums controls the habit and also balances the acidity levels in the mouth while keeping you engaged in chewing and enjoying the flavour.
4. Mint is a healthy and effective alternative for smoking. You can either chew mint gums or have a mint candy.
5. Dark chocolate is tasty and healthy too! When you try to quit smoking, hunger increases and the urge to eat endless makes you eat anything. Many smokers get used to eating chocolates or dark chocolate as they forget about cigarettes when they enjoy the delicious flavour of strong cocoa.
6. For many people, chewing flavoured toothpicks are healthy. The toothpicks are made with bamboo or birchwood which is natural and organic. The flavour lasts long in the mouth and controls the oral fixation. Toothpicks are available in different flavours which are strong and have long lasting effect.
7. Fennel seeds or nuts are healthy alternatives for smoking. You can munch nuts such as almonds and or chew few fennel seeds.
8. Bananas are considered as an effective substitute for smoking. You can have 2-3 bananas whenever you feel like smoking.
Try these healthy alternatives for smoking and quit the bad habit. Follow a detox diet and exercise to stay fit and active.